Re: Open portability issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Zeugswetter
Subject Re: Open portability issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>Should we be poking around in /usr/local by default?  Comments?

I would, since it is pretty much a standard place to put gnu, bsd and other extensions
like perl, bison, readline ... on non BSD or Linux systems.

>> the stream functions on AIX need a size_t for addrlen's in fe-connect.c and pqcomm.c.
>
>This has come up before.  AIX wants size_t for certain structures like
>getsockname().  I believe the third parameter on AIX is size_t, while it
>used to be int on my machine, but is not socklen_t.  Is this correct?
>The 'int' code works fine for me, but I can see why AIX is having a
>problem, and perhaps it is time for configure to check on the various
>types.
>
>    getsockname(int s, struct sockaddr *name, socklen_t *namelen);

Ok, so this gets tricky. In 4.2.1 it is size_t and in 4.3.1 it is as above with socklen_t :-(

>> AIX 4.2.1 and 4.3.1 need one other simpler Makefile, another template
>> and must not include dynloader.c
>
>Done.  Files added.

Thanks very much :-)

Andreas