Re: [HACKERS] lex/flex portability PB in version 6.3.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] lex/flex portability PB in version 6.3.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, Erwan MAS wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> in version 6.3.1 of the file src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/pgc.l .
> There are some flex specific code .
> like :
>   %option ( no fatal )
>   <<EOF>> ( fatal error )
>
> my os was solaris 2.6. with standart lex .
>
> So if i want to compile , postgres I must use flex .....

    Actually, I hate to say it, but its pretty much recommended that
anyone using PostgreSQL use flex/bison...in particular, we're starting to
find that 'stock yacc' on some systems chocks on gram.y, because its just
gotten to be *very* large...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org