RE: Reading pg mailing lists from mobile device ? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From legrand legrand
Subject RE: Reading pg mailing lists from mobile device ?
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for this detailled answer.

and even more

That works fine when searching a specific subject.

But my need is different, it is simply to get "news" and
see what where the latests messages
  • sorted by "date" desc,
  • "within last day"
  • optionally restricted to a mailing list
  • (my need being more excluding mailing list(s) ...)
And this is not possible or difficult here because:

1/ "Search term" is mandatory.
I have tried some kind of wild-card (*, %, 2020, from, @ ...) without success
(and now that I know where is the source code, I will have a look inside).

2/ when arriving to the result list, all the space is consummed by the message-ID URL,
that is useless on mobile device, where user are searching few informations like:
  • message title
  • message last author and date
  • mailing list name

3/ when entering the message (that also contains the message-id, and here it is the proper place),
all the space is consummed by "quick links",
that is useless in mobile device o:( home logo is enough)

Regarding Mobile usage stats, maybe we could ask to nabble ? I would also be pleased
to hear from others, and confirm that this use case is not so crazy (for those travelling without
their notebook for exemple).

Regards
PAscal