Attribute 'name' not found ERROR for postgres and java - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From suhail sarwar
Subject Attribute 'name' not found ERROR for postgres and java
Date
Re: Attribute 'name' not found ERROR for postgres and java  (Steve Waldman <swaldman@mchange.com>)
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I am getting this sql exception  "Attribute 'name' not found" and I can't seem to figure it out at all. I have a java
programthat creates a table in postgresql using a prepared statement and that bit works. Then I have added another
preparedstatement to populate the table with values (see below):
PreparedStatement stt = db.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO Test1 " + "VALUES (100, name, age)");
stt.executeUpdate();

There is a column in the table Test1 called name but it is unpopulated and the above code should insert the values.
HoweverI get the sql exception attribute name not found.

If I change 'name' in the above code to say 'neat' then the sql exception changes to "sql exception attribute 'neat not
found".

Does anyone know what is happening.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards