Re: Attribute 'name' not found ERROR for postgres and java - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Albert REINER
Subject Re: Attribute 'name' not found ERROR for postgres and java
Date
List pgsql-novice
I don't think this has anything to do with the java part; you'll
probably see the same with psql alone.

I guess you really want to do something like

insert into test1 (name, age) values ('Granma', 100);

if name and age are the names of the columns you want to set. Note the quotes
for the string.

HTH,

Albert.

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 12:58:54PM +0100, suhail sarwar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting this sql exception  "Attribute 'name' not found" and I can't seem to figure it out at all. I have a java
programthat creates a table in postgresql using a prepared statement and that bit works. Then I have added another
preparedstatement to populate the table with values (see below):