RE: create subscription - improved warning message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: create subscription - improved warning message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 9:47 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 12:14 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 8:22 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 9:07 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > > PSA a patch for adding examples of how to activate a subscription that
> > > was originally created in a disconnected mode.
> > >
> > > The new docs are added as part of the "Logical Replication -
> > > Subscription" section 31.2.
> > >
> > > The CREATE SUBSCRIPTION reference page was also updated to include
> > > links to the new docs.
> > >

> > You have used 'pgoutput' as plugin name in the examples. Shall we
> > mention in some way that this is a default plugin used for built-in
> > logical replication and it is required to use only this one to enable
> > logical replication?
> >

> Updated as sugggested.
>
> PSA v5.

Thanks for your patch. Here are some comments.

In Example 2, the returned slot_name should be "myslot".

+test_pub=# SELECT * FROM pg_create_logical_replication_slot('myslot', 'pgoutput');
+ slot_name |    lsn

Regards,
Shi yu