RE: Column Filtering in Logical Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 8:28 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have rebased the remaining patch (v6-0001 is the same as v5-0002)

Thanks for updating the patch. Here are some comments.

1.
+     the <xref linkend="sql-alterpublication"/> will be successful but later
+     the WalSender on the publisher, or the subscriber may throw an error. In
+     this scenario, the user needs to recreate the subscription after adjusting

Should "WalSender" be changed to "walsender"? I saw "walsender" is used in other
places in the documentation.

2.
+test_pub=# CREATE TABLE t1(id int, a text, b text, c text, d text, e text, PRIMARY KEY(id));
+CREATE TABLE
+test_pub=#

+test_pub=# CREATE PUBLICATION p1 FOR TABLE t1 (id, b, a, d);
+CREATE PUBLICATION
+test_pub=#

I think the redundant "test_pub=#" can be removed.

Besides, I tested the examples in the patch, there's no problem.

Regards,
Shi yu