RE: Logical replication timeout problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Logical replication timeout problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 9, 2022 at 11:52 AM Kuroda, Hayato/黒田 隼人 <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Thank you for updating!
Thanks for your comments.

> 1. pgoutput_change
> ```
> +       bool is_send = true;
> ```
>
> My first impression is that is_send should be initialized to false, and it will change
> to true when OutputPluginWrite() is called.
>

> 2. pgoutput_change
> ```
> +                               {
> +                                       is_send = false;
> +                                       break;
> +                               }
> ```
>
> Here are too many indents, but I think they should be removed.
> See above comment.
Fixed. Initialize is_send to false.

> 3. WalSndUpdateProgress
> ```
> +               /*
> +                * If half of wal_sender_timeout has lapsed without send message
> standby,
> +                * send a keep-alive message to the standby.
> +                */
> ```
>
> The comment seems inconsistency with others.
> Here is "keep-alive", but other parts are "keepalive".
Since this part of the code was refactored, this inconsistent comment was
removed.

> 4. ReorderBufferProcessTXN
> ```
> +
change-
> >data.inval.ninvalidations,
> +
> + change->data.inval.invalidations);
> ```
>
> Maybe these lines break 80-columns rule.
Thanks for reminder. I will run pg_ident later.

Kindly have a look at new patch shared in [1].

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OS3PR01MB6275C67F14954E05CE5D04399E139%40OS3PR01MB6275.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

Regards,
Wang wei