RE: use pg_strncasecmp to replace strncmp when compare "pg_" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: use pg_strncasecmp to replace strncmp when compare "pg_"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday, April 23, 2021 2:06 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote

>>Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
>> That doesn't matter at all for now since we match schema identifiers
>> case-sensitively.  Maybe it should be a part of the patch in [1].
>
>Yeah --- maybe this'd make sense as part of a full patch to improve
>tab-complete.c's handling of case folding, but I'm suspicious that
>applying it on its own would just make things less consistent.

Thanks for your reply. Merged this patch to [1]. Any further comment on [1] is very welcome.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OS0PR01MB6113CA04E06D5BF221BC4FE2FB429%40OS0PR01MB6113.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

Regards,
Tang