RE: Added schema level support for publication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Added schema level support for publication.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On July 28, 2021 6:44 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the patch, I have merged the changes. Attached v16 patch has the
> fixes for the same.

Thanks for the new version patches.
Here are a few comments:

1)

+       /* Identify which schemas should be dropped */
+       foreach(oldlc, oldschemaids)
+       {
+           Oid         oldschemaid = lfirst_oid(oldlc);
+
+           if (!list_member_oid(schemaoidlist, oldschemaid))
+               delschemas = lappend_oid(delschemas, oldschemaid);
+       }
+

We can use list_difference here to simplify the code.

2)

+
+       /* Filter out duplicates if user specifies "sch1, sch1" */
+       if (list_member_oid(schemaoidlist, schemaoid))
+           continue;
+
+       schemaoidlist = lappend_oid(schemaoidlist, schemaoid);

It might be more concise to use list_append_unique_oid() here.

3)

+  <para>
+   Create a publication that publishes all changes for all the tables present in
+the schema "production":
+<programlisting>

The second line seems not aligned.
After:
+  <para>
+   Create a publication that publishes all changes for all the tables present in
+   the schema "production":
+<programlisting>

4)

+       resetPQExpBuffer(query);
+
+       /* Get the publication membership for the schema */
+       appendPQExpBuffer(query,
+                         "SELECT ps.psnspcid, ps.oid, p.pubname, p.oid AS pubid "
+                         "FROM pg_publication_schema ps, pg_publication p "
+                         "WHERE ps.psnspcid = '%u' "
+                         "AND p.oid = ps.pspubid",
+                         nsinfo->dobj.catId.oid);

It seems we can use printfPQExpBuffer() here which is a convenience routine
that does the same thing as resetPQExpBuffer() followed by appendPQExpBuffer().

Best regards,
Houzj