RE: CF Bot failure in wait_for_subscription_sync() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: CF Bot failure in wait_for_subscription_sync()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, October 18, 2022 2:16 PM Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen 2 patches registered in CF failing on Linux - Debian Bullseye in
> wait_for_subscription_sync(). It seems like the tables aren't being synced. I
> have not done any further analysis. I'm not sure if this issue is being discussed
> elsewhere.
>
> # Postmaster PID for node "twoways" is 50208 Waiting for all subscriptions in
> "twoways" to synchronize data
> [14:12:43.092](198.391s) # poll_query_until timed out executing this query:
> # SELECT count(1) = 0 FROM pg_subscription_rel WHERE srsubstate NOT IN ('r',
> 's'); # expecting this output:
> # t
> # last actual query output:
> # f
> # with stderr:
> timed out waiting for subscriber to synchronize data at t/100_bugs.pl line 147.
>
> https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/6618623857917952/log/src/test/sub
> scription/tmp_check/log/regress_log_100_bugs
> https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6618623857917952
> https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5764058174455808

Thanks for reporting this. I am not sure about the root cause but just share
some initial analysis here.

This testcase waits for table sync to finish for both table "t" and table "t2".
But from the log, I can only see the log[1] related to the table sync of table
"t". So it seems that the table sync worker for table "t2" was never started
due to some reason. I tried it locally but have not reproduced this yet.

[1]---
2022-10-17 10:16:37.216 UTC [48051][logical replication worker] LOG:  logical replication table synchronization worker
forsubscription "testsub", table "t" has finished

---

Best regards,
Hou zj