RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Monday, August 16, 2021 3:00 PM Hou, Zhijie wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 1:53 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've attached the updated patches. FYI I've included the patch
> > (v8-0005) that fixes the assertion failure during shared fileset
> > cleanup to make cfbot tests happy.
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the new patches.
> I have a few comments on the v8-0001 patch.
> 3)
> Do we need to invoke set_apply_error_context_xact() in the function
> apply_handle_stream_prepare() to save the xid and timestamp ?

Sorry, this comment wasn't correct, please ignore it.
Here is another comment:

+char *
+logicalrep_message_type(LogicalRepMsgType action)
+{
+        case LOGICAL_REP_MSG_STREAM_END:
+            return "STREAM END";

I think most the existing code use "STREAM STOP" to describe the
LOGICAL_REP_MSG_STREAM_END message, is it better to return "STREAM STOP" in
function logicalrep_message_type() too ?

Best regards,
Hou zj