Re: How to query multiple dbases efficiently? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject Re: How to query multiple dbases efficiently?
Date
List pgsql-general
Well I think the issue is with Access and Teradata.  If I run my queries
individually, both Pg and Teradata information comes back in msecs.  I
decided to do a test by placing my key field in a dummy access table.
I first ran my query as a join between my dummy Access able and my linked
Pg table.  Once again, data came back in msec.  Next, I ran the same dummy
Access table against my linked Teradata table, and Access locked up.  I
have this funny feeling Access is trying to suck down the entire table and
then tries to run the query.

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer
415-422-1610 office
HatcherPT - AIM

                    Jeff Eckermann

                    <jeff_eckermann@       To:     Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher@macys.com>, pgsql-general@postgresql.org

                    yahoo.com>             cc:

                                           Subject:     Re: [GENERAL] How to query multiple dbases efficiently?

                    05/30/2003 06:58

                    AM

--- Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher@macys.com> wrote:
> I find that I now need to pull data from our
> corporate Teradata box using
> data that currently resides in our Pg box.  Is there
> some tool or other
> means to do this?  I tried Access, but  it continues
> to lock up my machine

Access would be the easiest way to do this, avoiding
the need to write a bunch of code.  Can you describe
the problem in more detail?