Re: [SQL] Postgres schema comparison. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Subject Re: [SQL] Postgres schema comparison.
Date
List pgsql-admin
Are you just synching the schemas, or do you also need to synch the data?

Rick

                      John DeSoi

                      <desoi@pgedit.com>         To:       Stef <svb@ucs.co.za>

                      Sent by:                   cc:       pgsql-ADMIN@postgresql.org, pgsql-sql@postgresql.org

                      pgsql-sql-owner@pos        Subject:  Re: [SQL] [ADMIN] Postgres schema comparison.

                      tgresql.org

                      03/07/2005 07:39 AM

On Mar 7, 2005, at 4:33 AM, Stef wrote:

> I have the wonderful job of re-synch'ing  all the schemas out there not
> conforming to the master. I've looked everywhere for something that
> will help doing this. I'm specifically looking for a way to do a
> sumcheck
> or something similar on tables and/or schema as a whole to be able to
> do a table comparison with the master database.

Develop a function that builds a string describing the tables/schemas
you want to compare. Then have your function return the md5 sum of the
string as the result. This will give you a 32 character value you can
use to determine if there is a mismatch.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL