Re: Pg Dump error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject Re: Pg Dump error
Date
List pgsql-general
thanks.  It turn out to be a problem with one of the tables.  It had a date
value of 543525-01-01.  Somehow the COPY command allowed this to come in as
a date, but pg_Dump  using a tar dump spat out a bogus error message.  It
wasn't until I did a normal pg_dump did I actually see that it was an error
with a specific table.

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer
415-422-1610 office
HatcherPT - AIM

           Tom Lane
           <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
           11/21/2003 09:16 AM        "Patrick Hatcher"
                                      <PHatcher@macys.com>
                                                                        cc
                                      pgsql-general@postgresql.org
                                                                   Subject
                                      Re: [GENERAL] Pg Dump error

"Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher@macys.com> writes:
> Trying to dump data from my database using:
> pg_dump -a -Ft -b mdc_oz > mdc.tar

> And I keep receiving the following error:
> pg_dump: [tar archiver] could not write to tar member (wrote 3, attempted
> 203)

IIRC, the -Ft mode requires dumping into temp files in /tmp --- have you
got enough free space in /tmp for your largest table?

                               regards, tom lane