Re: Running PostGre on DVD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From eric.leguillier@mpsa.com
Subject Re: Running PostGre on DVD
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I explain myself about running PostGre as admin.

In fact I don't want specifically run PostGre as admin. The problem is, on
the computers the application including PostGre will run, I'm not sure that
the user won't have any admin or power user rights. Furthermore, I've
noticed that on certain domains, any user created is automatically added to
a default group having power user rights (that is actually happening to
me).
It causes I cannot run PostGre because on my domain, because any user
created is added to such a default group. That's why adding a parameter for
willingly authorize an user with special rights to run the application
would be great for me.

Regards,

Eric LEGUILLIER

Why do you need to run PostgreSQL as admin? There shouldn't be any need
for this.

Someone has done a PostgreSQL demo CD, I believe based on Knoppix.
The list archives will probably have more info.