Re: Problem getting sql statement logging to work - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Subject Re: Problem getting sql statement logging to work
Date
List pgsql-general
The problem may be in your /etc/syslog.conf file.  It directs different
classes of messages different places, and can direct them to another
machine.

Rick

                      "David Klugmann"

                      <dklugmann@hotmail.com>        To:       pgsql-general@postgresql.org

                      Sent by:                       cc:

                      pgsql-general-owner@pos        Subject:  [GENERAL] Problem getting sql statement logging to work

                      tgresql.org

                      01/18/2005 10:05 AM

Hi

I am trying to log my sql statements to the syslog file.

I have the following entries in my postgresql.conf file yet it doesn't seem

to log anything.

The OS is Solaris 9

I am looking at /var/adm/messages and can't see anything from Postgres and
have run lots of sql.

I saw one article on the web which suggested setting debug_print_query =
on.
Is this an alternative way of setting logging ?

Thanks for any help.

David Klugmann

# - Syslog -

syslog = 2                                 # range 0-2; 0=stdout; 1=both;
2=syslog
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

# - When to Log -

#client_min_messages = notice        # Values, in order of decreasing
detail:
                                                 #   debug5, debug4,
debug3, debug2, debug1,
                                                 #   log, info, notice,
warning, error

#log_min_messages = notice           # Values, in order of decreasing
detail:
                                                 #   debug5, debug4,
debug3, debug2, debug1,
                                                 #   info, notice, warning,
error, log, fatal,
                                                 #   panic

#log_error_verbosity = default   # terse, default, or verbose messages

#log_min_error_statement = panic # Values in order of increasing severity:
                                                  #   debug5, debug4,
debug3, debug2, debug1,
                                                  #   info, notice,
warning, error, panic(off)

#log_min_duration_statement = -1 # Log all statements whose
                                                  # execution time exceeds
the value, in
                                                  # milliseconds.  Zero
prints all queries.
                                                  # Minus-one disables.

#silent_mode = false                        # DO NOT USE without Syslog!

# - What to Log -

#debug_print_parse = false
#debug_print_rewritten = false
#debug_print_plan = false