Problem getting sql statement logging to work - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Klugmann
Subject Problem getting sql statement logging to work
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I am trying to log my sql statements to the syslog file.

I have the following entries in my postgresql.conf file yet it doesn't seem
to log anything.

The OS is Solaris 9

I am looking at /var/adm/messages and can't see anything from Postgres and I
have run lots of sql.

I saw one article on the web which suggested setting debug_print_query = on.
Is this an alternative way of setting logging ?

Thanks for any help.

David Klugmann

# - Syslog -

syslog = 2            # range 0-2; 0=stdout; 1=both; 2=syslog
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

# - When to Log -

#client_min_messages = notice    # Values, in order of decreasing detail:
                #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
                #   log, info, notice, warning, error

#log_min_messages = notice    # Values, in order of decreasing detail:
                #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
                #   info, notice, warning, error, log, fatal,
                #   panic

#log_error_verbosity = default   # terse, default, or verbose messages

#log_min_error_statement = panic # Values in order of increasing severity:
                 #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
                 #   info, notice, warning, error, panic(off)

#log_min_duration_statement = -1 # Log all statements whose
                 # execution time exceeds the value, in
                 # milliseconds.  Zero prints all queries.
                 # Minus-one disables.

#silent_mode = false         # DO NOT USE without Syslog!

# - What to Log -

#debug_print_parse = false
#debug_print_rewritten = false
#debug_print_plan = false