Re: Instalation batch file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From SCassidy@overlandstorage.com
Subject Re: Instalation batch file
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

If the psql program is always going to be in C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin, couldn't you eliminate the "cd", and just specify
the full path (if psql is not in the current PATH) as needed?  Or, add it
to the PATH:    PATH %path%;C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin

If you running the .bat file from the CD, you won't have to know the drive
letter.

E.g.:

psql -f MYBASE_SHEMA.dumpall template1 -U zmatic
psql -f MYBASE_SHEMA.dumpall template1 -U zmatic
vacuumdb -d MYBASE -U zmatic

You could add the path for psql if you need to.  E.g.:

@ECHO off

if exist test_path.pl GOTO foundit
echo "placing psql in path"
PATH %path%;C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin

:foundit
echo "now doing the psql"

 ...   then continue with your psql commands.

Hope this helps.

Susan

                           Zlatko Matić

                      <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com        To:       <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>

                      .hr>                           cc:

                           Sent by:                  Subject:  [GENERAL] Instalation batch file

                                                      |-------------------|

                      pgsql-general-owner@pos         | [ ] Expand Groups |

                      tgresql.org                     |-------------------|

                           08/03/2005 02:29

                      PM

Hello.

I would like to install database schema on a server using  files with
dumped schema and globals (produced by dumpall), that are placed on CD. The
installation script (batch file) that restores these two files is also
placed on the same CD, (let's say E:) in the same folder.

cd C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin
psql -f E:\MYBASE_SHEMA.dumpall template1 -U zmatic
psql -f E:\MYBASE_SHEMA.dumpall template1 -U zmatic
vacuumdb -d MYBASE -U zmatic
But, what if CD is F: or some other unit ?
How could I change this batch file (Windows XP) to be able to recognize
what is the actual path of the folder that containes these three files ?

Thanks in advance,

Zlatko

See our award-winning line of tape and disk-based
backup & recovery solutions at http://www.overlandstorage.com