Re: Users can see each others' databases? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Subject Re: Users can see each others' databases?
Date
List pgadmin-support
A crummy but workable solution is to have each user install and run their
own instance of PostgreSQL.  On the other hand, learning to install and
configure a major database is probably a useful learning experience.
--Rick

                                          Andreas Pflug
                                                               <pgadmin@pse-consulting.d        To:       Cheetah
<fastcat@gmail.com>                                                                       e>
  cc:       pgadmin-support@postgresql.org                                                                     Sent by:
                       Subject:  Re: [pgadmin-support] Users can see each others' databases?
           pgadmin-support-owner@pos
                                tgresql.org

                                                                                               09/22/2004 02:59 AM

Cheetah wrote:

> I suspect that in order to not be able to see other users' tables, you
> must revoke permissions on the pg_catalog schema (and for the
> enterprising users the information_schema schema too I suspect), which
> is where all the views and whatnot that pgadmin queries to list tables
> live.  If this is for a course, I'd bet on students being enterprising
> when trying to circumvent access restrictions :)

Cheetah is completely right. Access restrictions on schema information
come up from time to time, without a viable proposal how to implement
it. Won't happen in the near future, and isn't supposed to be critical.

Regards,
Andreas

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend