Re: SCHEMA compatibility with Oracle/DB2/Firebird - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Subject Re: SCHEMA compatibility with Oracle/DB2/Firebird
Date
List pgsql-general
If you explicitly name your schemas (including public) in all of your SQL
it will port easily to Oracle.

                      Chris

                      <pglist@gmail.com>             To:       Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

                      Sent by:                       cc:       pgsql-general@postgresql.org

                      pgsql-general-owner@pos        Subject:  Re: [GENERAL] SCHEMA compatibility with
Oracle/DB2/Firebird
                      tgresql.org

                      01/22/2005 05:05 PM

                      Please respond to Chris

> AFAIK the idea of a schema search path is specific to PG.  I'm not sure
> how you will handle your "public" functions in other DBMSes.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

I'll probably have to go research this for each database.  I have no
plans on immediately supporting other databases, but I don't want to
use a structure that will be extremely difficult to port down the
road.

Chris

      joining column's datatypes do not match