Connection refused - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rafael.Hernamperez@bull.es
Subject Connection refused
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

I have installed Postgre 8.0 on a Windows XP. Yesterday, I was creating a database with pgAdmin III tool.

Today, I can't connect to database. When I start pgAdmin and I try to connect to the database server, the next message is showed: "could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP  connections on port 5432?"

The PostgreSQL 8.0 service for Windows isn't initializated, although his sort of startup is "Automatic".

What's the matter? Thank you. Regards

Rafael Hernamperez