Re: Not found indexed word - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Melek JARRAYA
Subject Re: Not found indexed word
Date
Re: Not found indexed word  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs

Here is in screenshot the query executed for the search for the word "Pepinier".
The search result is always null.
QueryWords contains the search word.

Cordialement,
JARRAYA Melek
Tel: 03 88 06 64 34

Inactive hide details for Jeff Janes ---21/08/2018 05:39:39---On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 5:55 AM, Melek JARRAYA <MJARRAYA@cfirst.fJeff Janes ---21/08/2018 05:39:39---On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 5:55 AM, Melek JARRAYA <MJARRAYA@cfirst.fr> wrote: > Hello,

De : Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>
A : Melek JARRAYA <MJARRAYA@cfirst.fr>
Cc : Pg Bugs <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>
Date : 21/08/2018 05:39
Objet : Re: Not found indexed word

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 5:55 AM, Melek JARRAYA <MJARRAYA@cfirst.fr> wrote:

    Hello,

    We are working on a projet in java 8 and we use the PostgreSQL 9.6 technology. Part of this project contains indexing and search, for that we user tsvector.
    During the test we found that for a spécific word "Pepiniere" the result of the search is null, while the word is indexed in the data base.

    If i search with the word Metz or Strasbourg, the word "Pepiniere" goes back well in the results.

"Pepiniere" has an 'e' at the end, and "Pepinier" does not.  It is possible one is supposed to converted to the other by the stemmer, but without seeing the exact query you ran, it is hard to know.

Cheers,

Jeff
Attachment