Re: Not found indexed word - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Not found indexed word
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Melek JARRAYA" <MJARRAYA@cfirst.fr> writes:
> Here is in screenshot the query executed for the search for the word
> "Pepinier".
> The search result is always null.
> QueryWords contains the search word.

You seem to be using the single-argument form of to_tsquery, which
means that the way it stems the word is going to depend on the
setting of default_text_search_config.  It looks like the stored
word was stemmed using the "french" setting, but maybe that's not
what prevails for your running application.  I'd try executing
just "SELECT to_tsquery('Pepiniere')" from your application and
see what you get.

In some quick experiments here, I get 'pepinier' in French or
Spanish, but just 'pepini' in English or German.  So that'd be
enough to prevent a match to a stored 'pepinier'.

            regards, tom lane