error loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject error loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Doing an upgrade on RH 8 box from 7.3.4 to 7.4 from source.  The
installation appeared go smoothly.  I tried to reinstall my database using
psql -d someda -f data.file and I get the error message:
error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3:  cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory exists.
However, if I do a find for this file, I find it in my PG directory:
/usr/local/postgresql7.4/lib

I'm not sure what to do now.  Any suggestions?
TIA

Patrick Hatcher