Re: error loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: error loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3
Date
List pgsql-general
El Sáb 22 Nov 2003 17:20, Patrick Hatcher escribió:
> Doing an upgrade on RH 8 box from 7.3.4 to 7.4 from source.  The
> installation appeared go smoothly.  I tried to reinstall my database using
> psql -d someda -f data.file and I get the error message:
> error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3:  cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory exists.
> However, if I do a find for this file, I find it in my PG directory:
> /usr/local/postgresql7.4/lib
>
> I'm not sure what to do now.  Any suggestions?

It's not in the library path.
Add /usr/local/postgresql7.4/lib to the /etc/ld.so.conf file and run ldconfig.
That should do it.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques@unl.edu.ar