Re: Draft Seven - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Draft Seven
Date
Re: Draft Seven  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hmmm....some changes seem to have crept in over the weekend.

DRAFT 7 reads...

> PostgreSQL 8.0 contains many new features that make the database the
> strongest contender against the likes of Oracle and DB2.  Many companies,
> such as Fujitsu, Afilias, RedHat, the Command Prompt consultancy, and SRA,
> who view PostgreSQL as a strategic part of their overall I.T. plan, have
> sponsored development of the new features, which include:

DRAFT 6 read....

> In addition to reaching a new milestone in scalability, PostgreSQL 8.0
> demonstrates the unparalleled development ability of open source.
>  Red Hat,
> Fujitsu, Afilias, SRA of Japan, 2nd Quadrant, Command Prompt, and
> more than a
> dozen other companies as well as over 200 individual developers
> contributed
> to add more major features to 8.0 than have been seen in any previous
> version.   These features include:

The only effect of this re-write seems to have been to remove my company's
name from the list, though Red Hat is now credited. This probably means
little to many people, but clearly a lot to me.

Could I ask for an explanation as to why?

I have heard no objection? If there is, please say so now. I have no problem
with such comments being aired.

The criteria for inclusion previously was major feature contributors - now
it seems to be something else. What is the rationale now? If that is clearly
stated, I'll be happy, as long as it isn't specifically crafted to exclude.
As an aside, 2nd Quadrant's view would be that PostgreSQL is a strategic
part of their overall I.T. plan - as I dare say do about 12-20 other
contributors.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs