Re: Installing DBD::Pg module without Pg Database server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Darley
Subject Re: Installing DBD::Pg module without Pg Database server
Date
List pgsql-general
Samik,
    Umm... This is actually not good advice.  As was pointed out later in this
thread, and as it looks like you know now you do need at least some of the
PG binaries.  I hope this bad advice didn't cause you too many problems.
    I suspect that you can get it working by compiling a subset of the PG code,
perhaps the client libraries only?  Someone who knows more about this than I
might be able to answer that.
Thanks,
Peter Darley

-----Original Message-----
From: Samik Raychaudhuri [mailto:samik@cae.wisc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:33 PM
To: Peter Darley
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Installing DBD::Pg module without Pg Database
server

Hello,
I have done as you have suggested (I understand I am following up pretty
late :). It doesn't run. I guess it requires atleast 'Pg.so', which I
don't have. Speciafically, my DB server is running on a Win2K. I want to
run the perl scripts on a sun system, where I don't have enough
permissions/quota to install/compile the Pg source code.

I actually requested for this file from whoever is using my OS
configuration (SunOS sun-80 5.8 Generic_108528-12 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Sun-Blade-100).
Any other suggestions?
Thanks and regards.
-Samik