Re: Stale temp tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Darley
Subject Re: Stale temp tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruce (or someone else),
    Once I start PostgreSQL with the -O option, is there any way to drop tables
according to a wild card operation?  If not, will I be safe with a perl
script like:

my $dbhPG = DBI->connect(Connect String, etc);
my $sthTables = $dbhPG->prepare("select relname from pg_class where relname
like 'pg_temp.8227.%'); $sthTables->execute();

while (my $TableName = $sthTables->fetchrow())
{
    $dbhPG->do("DROP TABLE $TableName");
}

$sthTables->finish();
$dbhPG->disconnect();

    8227 is the ID of the backend that died or something?  All the temp tables
are all named pg_temp.8227.something

    I realy don't want to damage my production DB, so please let me know if
this will work without hurting anything.

Thanks,
Peter Darley