Re: Can't get ODBC from Windows to Linux/Postgres to work - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert L Mathews
Subject Re: Can't get ODBC from Windows to Linux/Postgres to work
Date
List pgsql-general
At 3/11/02 4:17 PM, pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote:

>I think the problem is here.  The documentation within the pg_hba.conf
>file suggests that all TCP/IP connections need to use IDENT authentication.
>I just turned on the ident deamon on the Linux box hosting the database,
>but still can't make the connection.  Anyone know more about ident
>authentication with the postgres database?

With Red Hat Linux 7.2, I found that the default in /etc/identd.conf is
now:

result:encrypt = yes

I had to change that to:

result:encrypt = no

... and restart identd to get Postgres to work with IDENT.

Hope that helps.

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies

"The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was."