Re: problem connecting from JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Nick Fankhauser
Subject Re: problem connecting from JDBC
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello Ravi-

I'm Sorry! I think I need to update this section of the FAQ... There is now
an additional parameter for the remote connections. Try one of these:

host    all         all         127.0.0.1        255.0.0.0        trust

or

host    all         all         127.0.0.1        255.0.0.0        ident
sameuser

The "local all all ident sameuser" line doesn't help you because JDBC uses a
netwook connection, even if it is on the same machine. The "local" auth line
controls client using unix sockets such as psql.

I hope this helps.

-Nick