Re: postgres- connection refuse - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Nick Fankhauser
Subject Re: postgres- connection refuse
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Since pgsql doesn't use a tcp/ip connection by default, it can work when a
network connection is not allowed.

To force pgsql to use tcp/ip for a connection, us the -h param:

psql -h <local.server.name> <dbname>

If you can't connect this way, then you should be looking at the pg_hba.conf
file. In particular, make sure you are set up well for localhost.

If you *can* connect this way, then you have the auth set up fine in pg_hba
and you should be looking for the problem in your JDBC code.

-Nick