postgres- connection refuse - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Yang Soon Chiao
Subject postgres- connection refuse
Date
Re: postgres- connection refuse  ("Nick Fankhauser" <nickf@ontko.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
This is my first time using postgres. Everything work fine when I use psql at the bin, however when I try to connect using java, I get this message.

Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

- It seem like I have the problem with hostname and port but I don't know how to tune it. (I've modify my postgresql.conf set tcpip_socket = true but still cannot work).

- Here is how my code looks like
conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:mydb","", "");

(I'm not connecting to any web server)

Please help and thanks in advance.