RE: How to find out the weekday from a date??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tamsin
Subject RE: How to find out the weekday from a date???
Date
List pgsql-general
why not use the date_part function again...

select date_part('dow',day), day, userid from bschft_days where
date_part('month', day) = '3';

hth
tamsin

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Jose Manuel
Lorenzo Lopez
Sent: 17 July 2001 15:25
To: PGSQL
Subject: [GENERAL] How to find out the weekday from a date???

Hello PG's,

I want to extract the weekday of a given 'date' type field in my table
when selecting. How can I do this?

For example in a table "bschft_days" filled with values with type 'date'

I want to select all the days within the month 'march' and output the
respective
weekday. I tryed this:

select extract(dow from timestamp(day)), day, userid from bschft_days where
date_part('month', day) = '3';

But it only tells me:

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "dow"

:(

Any ideas??

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Un saludo

José Manuel lorenzo López