Problem building PostgreSQL using Cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roger T. Alexander
Subject Problem building PostgreSQL using Cygwin
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Can someone please send me the procedure for building PostgreSQL under Win2k
using Cygwin?  I've tryed to start by funning the configure script (bash
configure), but I get output telling me that the C compiler cannot created
executables, as shown below.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Roger Alexander.

D:\Incoming\PostGresSQL\postgresql-7.0.3\src>bash configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking echo setting...
checking setting template to... cygwin32
configure: warning: *** Include directory /usr/local/include does not exist.
checking whether to support locale... disabled
checking whether to support cyrillic recode... disabled
checking whether to support multibyte... disabled
checking setting DEF_PGPORT... 5432
checking setting DEF_MAXBACKENDS... 32
checking setting USE_TCL... disabled
checking setting USE_PERL... disabled
checking setting USE_ODBC... disabled
checking setproctitle... disabled
checking setting ASSERT CHECKING... disabled
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
creat
e executables.