RE: Duplicate tables information through metadata queries - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From ldh@laurent-hasson.com
Subject RE: Duplicate tables information through metadata queries
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
From: David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 17:24
To: ldh@laurent-hasson.com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Duplicate tables information through metadata queries

On Wednesday, September 8, 2021, mailto:ldh@laurent-hasson.com <mailto:ldh@laurent-hasson.com> wrote:

I am not sure about your solution for cleanup however. Do you mean?

COMMENT ON TABLE PEOPLE.Contact IS 'Blah';

Yes

This doesn't seem to have any effect except updating the comment for the second row above. Should I just delete the
recordfrom the table for the tables affected? I know this is generally not good practice AT ALL... 😊

Maybe reindex the table first, then do comment on?  It might be worth posting this to -bugs and solicit suggestions on
gettingout the situation from a better targeted audience.

Also, you mention data corruption, but would that survive a backup/restore?

Both rows should be copied out on backup and copied back in during restore.

David J.

Hello David,

VACUUM FULL FREEZE ANALYZE  PEOPLE.contact;

No change.

What do you mean by "posting this to -bugs"?

Thank you,
Laurent.