Re: Duplicate tables information through metadata queries - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Duplicate tables information through metadata queries
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Wednesday, September 8, 2021, ldh@laurent-hasson.com <ldh@laurent-hasson.com> wrote:

I am not sure about your solution for cleanup however. Do you mean?

COMMENT ON TABLE PEOPLE.Contact IS 'Blah';

Yes

This doesn't seem to have any effect except updating the comment for the second row above. Should I just delete the record from the table for the tables affected? I know this is generally not good practice AT ALL... 😊

Maybe reindex the table first, then do comment on?  It might be worth posting this to -bugs and solicit suggestions on getting out the situation from a better targeted audience.

Also, you mention data corruption, but would that survive a backup/restore?

Both rows should be copied out on backup and copied back in during restore.

David J.