Re: read this and puke - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Siebert
Subject Re: read this and puke
Date
List pgsql-general
I think you have to give MySQL it's due.
1. It seems to have gotten into a lot of ISPs very early. I first started to
use sql when I had to had some DB driven functions to my companies website.
We where using netware at the time so a real DB server was out of the
question. I wonder how many other people got there first taste of SQL using
MySQL, perl DBI, and or PHP?
2. It works for a lot of things. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
3. There is a company behind it.

What I wish is that some company would get behind PostgreSQL and start
pushing it. It will not be IBM. They have DB2. I thought RedHat was supposed
to be getting into the DB market using Postgres.

http://r.hotwired.com/r/wn_html_link/http://www.wired.com/news/linux/0,1411,
53006,00.html

MySQL a dangerous competitor to Oracle...

Guys we need a marketing department!!! Or I'll just move the application
running my nulcear power station to MySQL...