RE: Error in the date field (with NULL value...).Thanks! - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gerald Gutierrez
Subject RE: Error in the date field (with NULL value...).Thanks!
Date
List pgsql-sql
Perhaps you can run your file through a filter to replace '' to null.

Any of sed, perl, python and other scripting languages would do nicely.

e.g.

sed -e "s/''/null/g" < myfile > myfile2

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Maurizio Ortolan
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 6:50 AM
To: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Cc: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org; pgsql-general@postgresql.org;
crix98@hotmail.com
Subject: [SQL] Error in the date field (with NULL value...).Thanks!

My question:
How can I resolv my problem?  I have a big data file to import where
in the 2nd date field there is '' instead of  null ....

How can I "binds" PostgreSQL to consider '' as null ?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

CIAO!
MAURIZIO

**  Happy surfing on THE NET !!      **
**           Ciao by                           **
**                       C R I X 98          **