RE: Error Message - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From frank_lupo
Subject RE: Error Message
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Dave,

>>Insert your comment:
>>The above error is generated by clicking the 'view' toolbar button on a table of mine called user. I can >>get the
sameerror using the SQL winodow...

>>In the SQL window:
>>select * from user
>>gives the error, but
>>select * from "user"
>>works okay.

>Hi,
>The problem is that user is a reserved word because it is part of the SQL syntax. It's usually best to >avoid reserved
wordsfor object names, though I appreciate that's not always easy, or what you want.

>Frank: It seems to me that the best solution might be to maintain a list of reserved words and add a >check in fmtID
tomake sure the word is not in the list. What do you think?

>Regards, Dave

In fmtID why do not escape always ?

------------------
e.g:
Public Function fmtID(ByVal szData As String) As String
On Error Resume Next

  'Replace double quotes
  szData = Replace(szData, QUOTE, QUOTE & QUOTE)
  szData = QUOTE & szData & QUOTE
  fmtID = szData

End Function
------------------

What do you think?

Bye !!
Frank Lupo (Wolf) !!

       /\_ _/\
       \ o o /
--ooo-----ooo---

--
GPG Key: http://users.jc-hosting.co.uk/frank_lupo/files/publickey.txt

WebSite: http://users.jc-hosting.co.uk/frank_lupo

Sponsor:
Bisogno di un elettricista? Trovalo su QxService e potrai trovare anche il nuovo Nec e606! UMTS Fai la tua richiesta e
partecipaal concorso! Clicca qui!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1414&d=28-5