Re: Error Message - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Error Message
Date
List pgadmin-support

Insert your comment:

The above error is generated by clicking the 'view' toolbar button on a table of mine called user. I can get the same error using the SQL winodow...

In the SQL window:

select * from user

gives the error, but

select * from "user"

works okay.

Hi,

The problem is that user is a reserved word because it is part of the SQL syntax. It's usually best to avoid reserved words for object names, though I appreciate that's not always easy, or what you want.

Frank: It seems to me that the best solution might be to maintain a list of reserved words and add a check in fmtID to make sure the word is not in the list. What do you think?

Regards, Dave