Re: postgres CVS Against j2sdk1.4 Failure - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Joe Shevland
Subject Re: postgres CVS Against j2sdk1.4 Failure
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
J2SDK 1.4 uses the JDBC 3.0 specification, which among other things adds some methods to ResultSet which haven't been
implementedin the code... have you got a 1.3 JVM about that you can compile it with? Once compiled, you can still use
itunder J2SDK 1.4 (of course none of the unimplemented methods will be available).

I'm not sure what the state of play is with implementing the JDBC 3.0 spec though (I think there's a few quick wins we
mightbe able to do, like the method that retrieves the sequence number). What are the developer's thoughts on this,
willit follow a similar path and create an org.postgresql.jdbc3 package?

Cheers,
Joe

> As per David Cramer's direction in
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2002-04/msg00173.php I retrieved
> postgres from CVS so as to compile the jdbc driver under java
> 1.4.  The CVS
> repository from which I retrieved it was dictated by the statement "The
> source is included with PostgreSQL, and because it is integrated with
> PostgreSQL is not available on it's own. Check the main developer site for
> details of obtaining the PostgreSQL source code from CVS." at
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html (ant came out of jwsdp-1_0-ea2).
>
> However:

[snip]
> $ make