Re: postgres CVS Against j2sdk1.4 Failure - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: postgres CVS Against j2sdk1.4 Failure
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Others may have other thoughts, but I don't see any other way besides a
jdbc3 package. There is at least one patch around which has stub
implementations for the jdbc3 methods

Dave
On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 20:32, Joe Shevland wrote:
> J2SDK 1.4 uses the JDBC 3.0 specification, which among other things adds some methods to ResultSet which haven't been
implementedin the code... have you got a 1.3 JVM about that you can compile it with? Once compiled, you can still use
itunder J2SDK 1.4 (of course none of the unimplemented methods will be available).

> I'm not sure what the state of play is with implementing the JDBC 3.0 spec though (I think there's a few quick wins
wemight be able to do, like the method that retrieves the sequence number). What are the developer's thoughts on this,
willit follow a similar path and create an org.postgresql.jdbc3 package?