Re: BLOB performance test FYI - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Joe Shevland
Subject Re: BLOB performance test FYI
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Well said.

I agree with Barry too that the best path to take is to try and improve
the binary support, and that we're dealing with non-ideal options both
ways. If someone is seriously interested in a patch to the current HTML
doco, I'll gladly do it.

Wouldn't it make sense to separate the functionality of the OID data
type - this is an ambigious use of types for different purposes.

What are the chances and issues with streaming binary data to the backend?
LO manager does it, but I'm not sure what else it introduces (separate
transaction etc)

Regards,
Joe

Attachment