Re: Please Help me - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Please Help me
Date
List pgsql-sql
Michelle,

Have you tried it with Postgres 7.1 yet, which removed such limitations?

Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Michelle Murrain
Sent: Thursday, 1 August 2002 10:48 PM
To: Chad Thompson; Waheed Rahuman; pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Please Help me

At 8:32 AM -0600 8/1/02, Chad Thompson wrote:
I am running RedHat, with Apache and Cold Fusion.  I chose PostgreSQL for all of the aforementioned reasons.  It works very well with Cold Fusion.  I have done some optimizing and am able to run rather complex queries much faster than I ever was able to on any Windows platform database.  I had to bail on MySQL because it wouldnt run the sub-queries that i needed.

How did you solve the problem of large text fields? We ran into this problem, and was unable to solve it. We'd get an error if we wanted to add more than, I think 200 or so characters. It had to do with the connection between postgres and Cold Fusion.
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech@murrain.net     http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575