type conversion / casting doc - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kevin Brannen
Subject type conversion / casting doc
Date
List pgsql-sql
OK, I can't take it anymore, I'm going insane! :-)

I *really* need a type conversion/casting doc I can figure out how to
write some of my sql, but I can't find one in the docs.  Therefore, I'll
volunteer (though I'm sure I don't know what I'm getting myself into. :-)

But, where to get the info to create such a table?  Can anyone give me
any pointers to code, regression tests, anything that would show what
casts are possible, and I'll take that and put it into a nice table for
the docs.

TIA!
Kevin