Re: pg_stat_reset round 3 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: pg_stat_reset round 3
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Interesting that all callable function must return a type.  I did:
>
>     test=> select proname from pg_proc where prorettype = 0;
>
> and none of the functions with 0 prorettype can be called from psql.  I
> guess boolean is the best we can do.  I guess because it is a function
> it has to return something.

Yeah, because otherwise what does the SELECT return?  It has to return at
least one column?  It would be odd to just go SELECT blah() and have the
prompt just come back to you.  However, it would be nice to be able to go
"CALL blah()" and have it return nothing except maybe a 'CALL' string.

Chris