error running postgresql on WinXP - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jake Helfert
Subject error running postgresql on WinXP
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hello,

I am trying to run postgres 7.1.3 on a windows xp machine. I built it with
the latest cygwin install and it built fine. initdb works, the postmaster
runs but when I attempt to run createdb I get the following error:

ZeroProcSemaphore: semctl(id=0,SETVAL) failed: Invalid argument
Server process (pid 1664) exited with status 65280 at Fri Dec 21 10:49:09
2001
Terminating any active server processes...
Server processes were terminated at Fri Dec 21 10:49:09 2001
Reinitializing shared memory and semaphores

I can build and run 7.1.3 on my linux machine just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any help.

Jake Helfert
Talk2 Technology, Inc.

Attachment