Re: error running postgresql on WinXP - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: error running postgresql on WinXP
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Jake,

[This is probably too little, too late...]

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 10:52:57AM -0700, Jake Helfert wrote:
> I am trying to run postgres 7.1.3 on a windows xp machine. I built it with
> the latest cygwin install and it built fine. initdb works, the postmaster
> runs but when I attempt to run createdb I get the following error:
>
> ZeroProcSemaphore: semctl(id=0,SETVAL) failed: Invalid argument
> Server process (pid 1664) exited with status 65280 at Fri Dec 21 10:49:09
> 2001
> Terminating any active server processes...
> Server processes were terminated at Fri Dec 21 10:49:09 2001
> Reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
>
> Does anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any help.

Sorry, but I don't have access to an XP machine so I can't debug this
myself.

Some suggestions:

    1. Try something simple like "psql template1" and some selects to
       see if anything is working.
    2. Try the pre-built 7.1.3 that is part of the standard Cygwin
       distribution.
    3. Try deleting the cygipc files:

       $ rm /tmp/cygipc* /tmp/MultiFile*

BTW, are you using cygipc 1.11-1?