OSSP UUID present but cannot be compiled - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject OSSP UUID present but cannot be compiled
Date
List pgsql-hackers
While building 9.2.3 on OS X 10.8.2 today:

checking ossp/uuid.h usability... no
checking ossp/uuid.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
checking for ossp/uuid.h... yes

So you asked for it. Here's how I configured Postgres:
   ./configure --with-bonjour --with-perl PERL=$PERL \   --with-openssl --with-pam --with-krb5 --with-libxml \
--with-ossp-uuid--with-includes=/usr/local/include \   --enable-integer-datetimes --with-zlib \
--with-libs=/usr/local/lib

And here's how I configured OSSP UUID:
 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl \ --includedir=/usr/local/include/ossp

I think I have reported this before. Maybe it's not worth worrying about? I seem to be able to install the uuid-ossp
extensionand it works. So Ignore?

Thanks,

David